I want to give this place a great review because of the charm and great location in Mont Saint Michel, but after getting food poisoning from the food in the La Mere Poulard restaurant and the large amount of mold on the walls in my hotel room's bathroom I cannot in good conscious give this place more than one star.
I mentioned getting ill from the dinner I eat in the hotel restaurant and showed a picture of the mold to the desk clerk when I checked out. All she said was "sorry", I got the impression she had heard similar complaints before.
There are other issues, such as the hot breakfast foods (scrambled eggs and sausages) are not keep warm even though there are burners under the serving pots that could be used for that purpose. Cold scrambled eggs and sausage is not very appetizing.
After leaving, the hotel did send me an email request to provide the "front desk management" with recommendations for improvement. I recommended they not poison their guests, they clean the mold off the walls in room 37 and they keep the hot breakfast food hot.
I thought I might hear something back after these recommendations, but I have not. Again, I get the impressions they have heard all this before.